Extending sentences using conjunctions
- Find out what children already know about conjunctions. In Year 2 they will have met co-ordinating conjunctions (and, but, or) and subordinating conjunctions (such as: because, if, when).
- Use PowerPoint: Conjunctions, to teach using conjunctions to extend sentences, slides 1-4 (see resources).
- Children need to recognise a clause and know that it must contain an active verb – further support is available if children struggle with this, slide 5-7.
- Activity- Children use conjunctions to join sentences.
- Hard: Extending Sentences A
- Medium: Extending Sentences B
- Easy: Extending Sentences C